We are very keen to work with any academic or commercial institutions acting as your contract project team and delivering new assays and projects to your needs and specifications.
We have experience in a variety of contract projects, having worked with large commercial organisations, smaller companies and academic groups. All projects are thoroughly discussed with our clients to ensure its delivery within set scope and deadlines.
“I recently had the opportunity to work with Avacta Animal Health for projects done as a consultant. Throughout several studies, I was consistently impressed with the responsiveness of the research staff, the quality of the testing provided and the comprehensiveness of the report provided to the study sponsor. I strongly recommend, and will continue to use, this laboratory for contract projects involving allergen-specific IgE serology”.
Thierry Olivry, DrVet, PhD, DipECVD, DipACVD, Consultant, Veterinary Dermatology
“Working with Avacta Animal Health was not only seamless but it far exceeded our expectations. From the start, Avacta Animal Health was receptive to our needs and objectives for our studies. It was an amazing experience and I would recommend anyone to work with this professional and creative team. I continue to work with Avacta Animal Health and recommend them with the utmost confidence”.
Isabelle Mougeot, DVM, MS. Royal Canin SAS.
Presentations and publications
We have actively taken part in international congresses and presentations, publishing in veterinary journals and papers:
• Utility of a multiple serum biomarker test to monitor remission status and relapse in dogs with lymphoma undergoing treatment with chemotherapy.
Alexandrakis, R. Tuli, S. C. Ractliffe, S. W. Tappin, R. D. Foale, A. Roos and K. J. Slater, Veterinary and Comparative Oncology, October 2014.
• Multifactorial Computational Diagnosis of Feline Lymphoma Employing Acute Phase Protein Measurements.
Sarah Gillings, Agata Michalak, Jennifer Bristow, Kurt Baldwin, Tariq Shah, Kevin Slater, Veterinary Cancer Society Annual Conference, October 2015.
• Serum anti-Staphylococcus pseudintermedius IgE and IgG antibodies in dogs with atopic dermatitis and non-atopic dogs.
Jennifer Bexley, Timothy J. Nuttall, Bruce Hammerberg, J. Ross Fitzgerald, Richard E. Halliwell. Veterinary Dermatology, February 2013.
• Patch testing and allergen-specific serum IgE and IgG antibodies in the diagnosis of canine adverse food reactions.
Simone Bethlehem, Jennifer Bexley, Ralf S. Mueller, Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, February 2012.
• Food allergen-specific serum IgG and IgE before and after elimination diets in allergic dogs.
Anja Zimmer, Jennifer Bexley, Richard E.W Halliwell, Ralf S. Mueller. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, December 2011.
• Levels of house dust mite-specific serum immunoglobulin E (IgE) in different cat populations using a monoclonal based anti-IgE enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Jennifer Bexley, Janice E. Hogg, Bruce Hammerberg, Richard E.W. Halliwell. Veterinary Dermatology, July 2009.
If you are considering outsourcing your R&D work please let us know by contacting customer services. We will be very happy to discuss your project with you in detail.