This Site is made available by Avacta Group plc (company number: 04748597), Unit 20, Ash Way, Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby, LS23 7FA, United Kingdom – referred to in this statement as “we” or “us”. The Site is hosted for us by Westbrook Creative of 1 Wells Road, Ilkley, LS29 9JB.
When you e-mail us, or use a contact form within this Site: We will use your email address for the purposes of administering your query and responding to you. We will not publish your email address on our Site. Unless you give your explicit permission we will not use your name and email address to send you, nor allow any associated companies to send you, any unwanted marketing information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Avacta Animal Health Limited of Unit 651, Street 5, Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby, LS23 7FZ registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA216082. As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling personal information and we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information. We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access.
Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms and registering on our Site, placing orders online or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. You shall ensure that you have obtained the necessary and appropriate informed consents (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and such other applicable legislation from time to time amended, consolidated, modified, extended, re-enacted or replaced) regarding any third party personal data that you provide for the purposes of using the Site.
Information we collect about you – when you visit our Site, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream; and your search history on our Site. We may also keep a record of those parts of the Site that you use most often to enable us to monitor, support, improve and develop our services and know which parts are of most interest to you.
How we may use information about you
We will use the personal information supplied by you:
- for our own marketing purposes;
- to provide you with the best possible service;
- to notify you about changes to the services we offer;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and use;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that my interest you or them.
Disclosure of Information
We will take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data. We will only supply your personal identifiable information to any third party:
- in order to enhance our service and the services we can offer you or where we have your consent to share the information;
- where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred and stored at destinations within the European Economic Area (EEA).
IP addresses and cookies
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve this Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to this Site.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
- Netscape: Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences. In the Advanced category, choose Cookies. Click the radio button Disable all cookies.
- Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
If you wish us to remove your details from our marketing database at any time please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do if you have any concerns
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of this information please contact us at the above email address. We may make a small charge of £10 for this service and may request proof of your identity before sharing such information. We may want to make sure that the information about you is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to remove or correct information that you think is inaccurate. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
If you have any concerns regarding our use of your information please notify us as soon as possible – the sooner we know about it the sooner we can resolve it. For further information, or to make a complaint, please email us at the address above. If we cannot resolve a compliant to your satisfaction you can contact the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if the complaint relates to the way your personal data has been handled.
prominent notice on the home page of the Site. As a result of improvements we make to our services, changes in the law or developments in technology, we may change the information we hold about you, the method and purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change in the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by email.
Law and Jurisdiction
© 2017 All rights reserved- Avacta Animal Health Limited