How to use – Submission Protocol
CHECKLIST BEFORE SENDING IN TESTS
- Check our handy withdrawal guide to ensure the animal is not on/has not recently been on any medications which could interfere with the test results.
- Test when the animal is symptomatic as many allergens are seasonal and the IgE response is relatively short-lived.
- When testing for food allergy make sure the animal has not been on a restricted or hypoallergenic diet for at least the last two months.
- Remember we can store blood, here at the lab, free of charge for 3 months. This enables you to send a sample when you first suspect allergy. You can then do the full work up and obtain test results safe in the knowledge no drugs/diets/other treatments may have influenced the results.
SUBMITTING A TEST
To submit a sample we provide a submission box containing a submission form, a biohazard bag and a reply paid envelope.
To request a test submission box please call Customer Services on 0800 3 047 047 or complete our Request Form (UK only).
- Choose a test type or indicate if the sample is for storage.
- Take the required sample as detailed on the submission form. Use a plain or serum gel tube take a sufficient blood sample and centrifuge to extract the serum, for information on sampling techniques click here.
- Please label the samples with the pet’s name, owners name and date and complete the details on the submission form.
- Place samples in a SENSITEST® submission box or other protective packaging. Please ensure the samples are packaged with absorbent and padded materials.
- UK ONLY – Send by post using the freepost envelope provided within the submission box.
NON UK VETS – Please send via 1st Class Post or Courier.
For overseas submission protocol please click here
Turnaround times (from receipt of sample)
Allergy: 7-10 days